- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken to pan and brown on each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Whisk together soy sauce, water, vinegar, honey, pepper and bay leaf. Return chicken to pan along with soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove cover, remove chicken and set aside. Reduce and thicken sauce. Discard bay leaf and serve over rice.
- Servings: 4 (2 thighs + 6 tablespoons of sauce)
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g