- 1 3/4 lbs potatoes peeled & cut into 1″ pieces
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb ground beef (5% fat or less)
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 10 oz frozen carrots
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- To make the topping, place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender (10-12 mins).
- Drain the water. Mash the potatoes. Add the milk, butter. 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- To make the filling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef, breaking it apart, and cook until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, sage, and rosemary to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the onion is lightly browned. Add the wine, tomato paste, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Add the peas & carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables thaw. Stir in the beef, remaining salt and pepper. Transfer the filling to the baking dish. Spread potato topping over the filling. Bake until filling is bubbly around the edges – about 20 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil 5 inches from the heat until the topping is lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
5 Weight Watchers points per serving