- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 ounces grater parmesian cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ground black pepper
- Bring brother and water to boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Heat olive oil in large durch oven.
- Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Transfer chicken to to simmering broth and cook until internal temp of 165 (10 to 15 mins). Transfer to plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to dutch oven and melt over medium heat.
- Add onion and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook until onion is soft. 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
- Add grains and cook stirring frequently until grains are translucent around the edges about 3 mins.
- Add wine and cook, stirring constantly until fully absorbed (2-3 mins)
- Stir 5 cups of hot broth mixture into rice.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until almost all liquid has been absorbed (16 to 19 mins). Stir twice during cooking.
- Add 3/4 cup hot broth mixture to risotto and stir gently and constantly until the risotto becomes creamy (3 mins)
- Stir in parmesan.
- Remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken and stir in remaining butter, lemon juice, parsley, and chives.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Microformatting by hRecipe.