- 3 pieces white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 (2 pound) London broil
- Soak bread in milk.
- Preheat pan on medium high heat
- Add olive oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and pine nuts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out juice from bread and spinach and add to mixture along with the dry herbs and salt.
- Heat through while mixing well to incorporate the bread.
- Spread out on a sheat pan and let cool.
- Cut a pocket into the London broil
- Stuff with the above mixture and close with toothpicks.
- Rub the outside of London broil with garlic and olive oil.
- Broil or grill for 20 minutes (until internal temp is 165)
- Rest for 20 minutes prior to serving
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Microformatting by hRecipe.