Recipe: Tah Dig (Persian Rice)
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice (Basmati or other)
- 1/2 Cup Plain 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Crushed Saffron
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vegtable Oil
- Bring water to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Add rice.
- Cook rice for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Combine yogurt, salt and saffron.
- Add rice to yogurt mix and mix through.
- Melt butter in a non stick saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Add oil to butter and coat pan.
- Reduce heat to low / medium-low.
- Add rice to pan, packing rice down lightly.
- Wrap a dry dishtowel around the lid and cover.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes without stirring.
- Rice is done when tender on top and a golden crust has formed on the bottom.
- Loosen the rice crust with a spatula and invert onto a plate so the crust is face up.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Microformatting by hRecipe.