- 1 lb beef bottom round, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 onion thinly cliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 1/2 oz beef broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lb green beans, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- Heat oil in a stock pot over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle beef with spice mix. Add to pot and cook until browned.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 min.
- Add potatoes and simmer covered 15 min.
- Add green beans and simmer covered 6 min.
- While stew is simmering, boil 2 cups of water in a med. saucepan. Add the rice and coconut milk and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 40 min. or until rice is tender. Serve Stew over the rice.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Fat: 7 g
Protein: 29 g
Microformatting by hRecipe.