Summary: I’ve posted this recipe exactly as I found it, but take my advice and scale way back on the pepper.
- cooking spray
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 lb asparagus, ends removed, stalks cut into thirds
- 1/2 lg white onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper (divided)
- 8 oz uncooked linguini
- 12 oz package pre-prepared chicken meatballs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss tomatoes, asparagus, onion, and garlic with 2 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tsp black pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and roast for 12 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While vegetables roast cook the linguini according to package directions. When draining pasta, reserve 3/4 cup of cooking water.
- Heat a large sauté pan over med-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes. Add cooked pasta and roasted vegetables. Toss together.
- Lower heat to medium, add remaining olive oil and pepper, salt, basil, parmesan, and 1/2 a cup pasta water. Toss well and cook until flavors have melded, adding remaining pasta water as needed.
- Serve immediately.
For the meatballs, we used Al Fresco Tomato and Basil Chicken Meatballs.