Summary: This is the best risotto I’ve ever made!
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lg leeks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- Combine chicken stock and water and bring to a simmer. Do not boil. Keep warm over low heat.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy, extracting as much fat as possible. When done, remove from pan and crumble.
- Add oil to bacon grease and sauté leeks, shallots, garlic, and thyme. Sweat vegetables for four minutes, then stir in rice.
- When rice is completely coated with oil, add 1/2 cup stock mixture. Stir constantly until liquid is completely absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed each time before adding more. Reserve 1/3 cup and set aside.
- When all but reserved stock has been added, stir in lemon juice, butter, pepper, salt, truffle oil, and cheese. Remove pan from heat and add reserved stock. Sprinkle each serving with bacon bits and serve immediately.