- 6.75 oz flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 7 oz almond paste
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk, divided
- Baker’s Joy
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream together sugar, butter, oil, and almond paste. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and, beating at low speed, mix in flour mixture and 1/2 cup milk in alternating batches until just combined.
- Scrape batter into a 9″x5″ metal loaf pan coated with Baker’s Joy. Sprinkle almonds over the top. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan. Stir together powdered sugar, 1 tbsp milk, and a pinch of salt until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Permanent link to this article: http://cookbook.atlow.org/2014/01/30/almond-bread/