Sour Cream Coffee Cake (Streisel Cake)
- 1/2 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pint sour cream
- for streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix until combined. Stir in flour, baking powder and soda, vanilla and sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Cut together streusel ingredients with forks or pastry blender. Pour one third of the batter into the bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel mix on top. Pour another third of the batter into pan and top with remaining streusel mix. Pour remaining batter over the top and spread it evenly.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If cake is not done, lower oven to 300° and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
Permanent link to this article: http://cookbook.atlow.org/2014/03/07/sour-cream-coffee-cake-streisel-cake/