Summary: makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat together brown sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Shape dough into balls the size of smallish walnuts. Dip tops in white sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, sugared sides up, about 2″ apart.
- Bake 13-16 minutes, or until just set and cookies appear dry. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Microformatting by hRecipe.