Summary: Simply the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever eat. You can’t taste the cream cheese at all. They’re simply dense and rich and nicely chewy.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (do not use whipped or fat-free)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, and vanilla on medium-high speed.
- Stop and scrape down the bowl, then add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chunks and chips. Beat until incorporated.
- Form into 2″ balls and flatten slightly into disks. Put disks on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 5 days. THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL STEP! DO NOT SKIP IT!
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place disks on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. You can place them fairly close together as they don’t spread very much if they’re properly chilled.
- Bake 8-9 minutes until edges have set and tops are beginning to set. Even if they look undercooked and glossy in the center, do not bake longer than 10 minutes. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool at least 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheets. Then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Makes roughly 2 dozen.
Microformatting by hRecipe.