Based on a recipe from Guenievre
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Bonnefons Good spice mixture
- 1 medium apple finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup sherry or port
- 3 Egg yolks
- Cooking spray
- 3 store bought prepared pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Carmelize the onion then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Brown ground beef adding spice mixture as it cooks.
- Add apple and onion to beef and cook for another minute.
- Add the raisins, stock, sherry and egg yolks and cook until just begging to boil..
- Remove beef mix from heat and let cool.
- Coat a pie dish or a spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pie dish / spring form pan with pie crust.
- Fill the pie dish with the meat mixture.
- Cover the pie pan with the remaining pie crust, crimp edges with a fork, and cut a couple of small vent slots.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
- Cool before serving.
Cooking time (duration): 45
Number of servings (yield): 12
Microformatting by hRecipe.