- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Place sweet potatoes in a towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. Let sit and the re-squeeze.
- In a large bow, combine sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cloves, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Form into pancake size cakes, and fry in hot oil. Flip cakes after 2-3 minutes and brown other side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
We are going to try this again roasting them.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Number of servings (yield): 8