- 2 cups potato, cubed
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled & shredded
- 1 onion, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons matzoh meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, cool, and mash.
- In a medium bowl mix potatoes, yukon golds, and onion.
- Add in eggs, matzoh meal, and salt. Mix well until holds together without being sticky. May need to add more matzoh meal until its no longer sticky.
- Warm oil in a large skillet.
- Drop potato mixture by tablespoons into oil and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
Serve with sour cream, apple sauce, or greek yogurt.
Number of servings (yield): 6