- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 10 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried herbes de Provençe
- 1 3/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 lg eggs
- 1 1/2 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 lb artisianal white bread, but into 1″ cubes
- 3 oz crumbled goat cheese
- cooking spray
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in artichoke and garlic. Cook 8 minutes or until artichoke begins to brown. Remove from heat and add herbes de Provençe. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together milk, pepper, salt, and eggs in a large bowl. Add parmigiano-reggiano cheese and bread, and toss lightly. Stir in artichoke mixture and let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat an 8″ square baking dish with cooking spray, and pour in half of the bread mixture. Scatter half the goat cheese crumbles on top. Spoon on remaining bread mixture, and top with remaining goat cheese. Bake for 50 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6
Microformatting by hRecipe.