- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled (plus some extra for the pan)
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until the batter comes together.
- Set the batter aside to rest for five minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the extra butter to your pan, just enough to coat, and ladle the batter in.
- Cook until bubbles form and the bottom is golden.
- Flip and cook until the second side is golden.
Microformatting by hRecipe.