Tasty with a quick and easy prep but cooks for a while.
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Vindaloo Curry Paste
- 2 Pounds Chuck Steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 1/4 Cups Basmati Rice
- 3/’4 Teaspoon Ground Tumeric
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the curry paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the steak and brown evenly (approximately 5 minutes)
- Pour in the stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Uncover the beef and cook for 15 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Rinse the rice and add to a separate saucepan.
- Add the tumeric and 1 3/4 cups water to the rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat on the rice, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and let rest.
- Add the coconut cream to the beef and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide the rice into four servings and place the beef and sauce on top.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Microformatting by hRecipe.