- For the Cake:
- Baker’s Joy or cooking spray and flour
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (3 oz) packet sugar-free black cherry gelatin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the Glaze:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup confectioner’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the over to 350° and grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler. When melted, allow to cool before adding the wine and milk. Stir through and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, Add eggs and beat for 2 min. Add in chocolate mixture and beat to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and next 5 ingredients. Add to the mixing bowl and beat until combined, then spoon into the bundt pan and bake for 40 min. When removed from the oven, cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then invert onto a plate.
- To prepare the glaze, combine butter and wine in a medium saucepan. Sift in the confectioner’s sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, over med-high heat.
- Once it boils, remove from the heat and allow to cool. Stir in the vanilla extract and drizzle over the cake.
Microformatting by hRecipe.