- 4 tsp dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 4 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- peanut oil as needed
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 lg red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews to garnish
- Make peanut sauce by whisking together 2 tsp sesame oil and next eight ingredients (through ginger). Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add remaining sesame oil and peanut oil as needed to lubricate the pan. Cook chicken breasts for 1 minute on each side, then evacuate from the wok and cut into thin slices (chicken will not yet be cooked through).
- Add more peanut oil as necessary and add broccoli and pepper to wok. Stir-fry 4 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add sauce and chicken to the pan. Cook 30 seconds, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice. Garnish with cashews.
Make sure everything is ready to go in the pan before you start as this dish cooks fast!
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Microformatting by hRecipe.